November 11, 2009

Blog Roll Update

Announcing blog roll updates is not something I've done often, but because this one ought to interest a broad cross section of readers I figured I should give it a mention. The title tells the tale...

THE BACON SHOW - One bacon recipe a day, everyday, forever...

With recipes running the gamut from banal creations like the Bacon Lover's Mashed Potatoes, to more arcane inventions such as Eel, Bacon and Prune Stew; or English Pea Soup with Minted Crème Fraiche, Peekytoe Crab and Julienned Bacon, I have no doubt I'll be expediting the demise of many a poor hog, thanks to THE BACON SHOW.

The author is approaching 1,700 recipes, easily searchable by ingredient via the links in the right sidebar.

Besides astounding me with the wealth of bacon recipes, the author also introduced me to a new cookbook. How I have survived all these years without Jill Conner Browne's Sweet Potato Queens' Big-Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner on my shelf, I don't know.

~~

3 Comments:

Old NFO said...

Oh... Oh... BACON :-) Thanks MB!

Mule Breath said...

I just tried a new bacon creation involving pecans, dried cranberries and crumbled bacon. I mixed the three, spread the mix thinly onto a baking sheet, lightly basted it with a combination of light olive oil and Karo syrup, dusted sparingly with coarse ground black pepper, then baked for a few minutes. This was an experiment for a xmas munchy, and it turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

Labrys said...

The name of that final cookbook just made me bust out in laughter! I so needed a smile and belly laugh today, thank you.