June 19, 2010

The barrier reef

Just a slide show, without comment.

































This is a trip I should have taken years ago. I had the chance but passed it up for reasons I cannot even remember. This time I almost passed it up again. What a fool that would have made of me. 

There are always reasons not to do these things, but get over those while you still can. If opportunity knocks... take it. If not... create the opportunity yourself. Don't wait until you are too old and it is too late to chase the dreams.
~~

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! Brought back a few memories . . .
How large was the Leopard Ray?

Mule Breath said...

The guy I was diving with called it an eagle ray, and the little guy looked about 30 inches from tip to tip.


It was difficult for me to judge distance and scale, so my answer may be inaccurate. I saw sting rays later (after I ran out of film) that were perhaps double that size.