May 26, 2013

Sunday Funnies - Memorial Day Edition

The funnies will follow, but first allow me to mount the soapbox and speak in memory of friends and family who have died in service to our fellow man.

One day each year it is proscribed that we honor our war dead. we salute the sacrifice and thank them for our freedom. There is some substance to this, but for the most part that aspect of war is far in our past and nearly forgotten. The ceremony this year to memorialize the dead from World War I drew only three attendees.

Modern wars have not been so much for our freedom as they have been to protect an affluent lifestyle or to avenge hurt feelings. Most of us never feel any pain from these deaths and keep on living high on the hog... but some people feel it in deep and far too personal ways. Maybe I am a dreamer, but I hold hope in my heart that that the future of humanity will discover the futility of these wars, and scenes such as this will become relics of our past.


Along with the rest of America I honor those who have sacrificed for the dream of freedom. My heart aches for those left behind to endure the grief of this sacrifice.





Now we move on to the regular feature...





















































































































1 Comments:

Old NFO said...

Thanks for remembering, and the cartoons are good ones as always! I find it interesting that they are after Apple, but don't seem to want to go after GE for the same thing... One wonders why???