March 1, 2010

Blogroll Addition

A new blog has appeared on the scene.

Tao started publishing Radical Perspective just a couple weeks ago, making some astute observations and quickly catching my attention. His brand of punditry, snark and pointed political observation is right up my alley. His few posts so far have attracted some pretty sharp commentary from some equally sharp commentors. The banter is educational.

I don't know who the guy is, but I like what I've read so far. Apparently from Kentucky, and of my generation, the gentleman calling himself Tao is a student and observer of philosophies as disparate as Marx and Ayn Rand, with a sprinkling of Tolstoy and Max Weber.

At first I thought I might re-post some of the stuff here, but in the end couldn't figure out where to start or stop. It makes more sense to just tip my hat and hope y'all will give him a read. You won't be disappointed.

UPDATE: I'll have to qualify my support a bit, as Tao's most recent post regarding the 2nd amendment pushes hard on my own interpretations. He apparently does not support individual gun ownership, which is a position with which I cannot agree. Still, I'm not one to toss a quality thinker based only on a single disagreement.

~~

4 Comments:

TAO said...

Thank you for the response...

No I have absolutely no problem with responsible gun ownership...

The issue I have with the argument that the NRA is taking is that it will lead to a bunch of future decisions that will erode state rights and cement a few other decisions that have not had the constitutional foundation that they should have...

My concern, and it probably didn't come out right, but then again I don't spend all that much time proofing what I write...

I worry that we are watching state and local government getting bulldozed out of existence.

I don't want the federal government to ban handguns or any weapon...but at the same time I don't want the supreme court taking away the luxury that citizens have in their own communities to decide for themselves what they want....

In fact I would like to see a little more local decision making in a lot of areas...

Mule Breath said...

For any interested, I've responded over on Tao's blog. If you go there and decide to participate, please use the same rules of polite debate that you use here.

TAO said...

WOW! Rules?

Never thought of that! :)

Since you attract polite company I have added you to my blogroll...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, MB, for sharing Tao's site. I'm sure enjoying the dialog. More, please!